Contact Me






Monday, March 26, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - Week of 3/26/12


Baseball season starts this week for my son with three late afternoon games.  It's always a challenge to get dinner on the table in a timely matter and leave plenty of time for homework when were are done.  

Monday: Brats,  Sweet Potatoes Fries, Green Salad, Strawberries

Tuesday:  Spaghetti, Green Salad, Garlic Bread

Wednesday:  Taco Soup, Green Salad, Strawberries
.
Thursday: Leftover Taco Soup

Friday: Pizza

Saturday:  Corn & Cheese Chowder

Sunday:  Grilled Chicken,  Frozen Veggie, Fresh Fruit

What's for dinner at your house this week? 

If you would like more meal planning ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com

7 comments:

  1. We are having Cheeseburger Rice, Chicken Fingers, Hamburger Gravy w/Mashed Potatoes...and a few more:

    http://ourfrugalhappylife.blogspot.com/2012/03/menu-plan-325-cheeseburger-rice.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily - We've never had Hamburger Gravy at our house, but I think the guys in my family would love it too since Sausage & Biscuits is a favorite meal. I might have to try that sometime.

      Delete
  2. I tried to make salmon cakes yesterday but they were a big failure. Will try again today after chilling the mashed potato/salmon mixture overnight. Hope it works this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CJ - I've never made salmon cakes before, but my mom used to make salmon patties. I think she used crushed crackers and an egg as her binder to keep them from falling apart.

      Delete
    2. kraftfoods.com has a really good tuna cakes recipe we love. You could try substituting the tuna for salmon.

      Delete
  3. I love simple meals and end-of-school is the perfect time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My salmon cakes were failure :( I'll go back to making them without mashed potatoes, they've always been good before without. Tomorrow I may take it easy on myself and just heat up leftover pizza!

    ReplyDelete