Contact Me






Saturday, November 7, 2009

Walgreens Deals - Week of 11/8/09

Sale prices good November 8 - 14, 2009

Don't miss the $5 off $25 purchase coupon in the small ad wrapped around this week's regular ad. You must reach $25 before taxes and after all manufacturer and Walgreens coupons.

Remember, you can roll Register Rewards. Take a look at Quick Tip - Using Walgreens Register Rewards.

I highlight only the best deals. Take a look at Walgreens' full ad here (available on Sunday) or the ad scan at I Heart Wags.


:: Free This Week ::

Bayer Contour or Breeze2 Blood Glucose Meter - $14.99
FREE Meter up to $30 - 10/25/09 RP
Receive $5 Register Reward (Bayer)
Final cost: $5 Money-Maker after coupon & Register Reward

Tylenol and Sudafed Register Reward Deal
purchase (3) Tylenol Cold @$4.99 = 14.97
purchase (1) Sudafed PE $5.99
use (3) $2 off any Tylenol Cold printable HERE -$6
use (1) $2 Sudafed PE coupon from 10/4/09 RP -$2
use Walgreens $1 off Tylenol Cold from Healthy Savings Booklet -$3
receive $10 Register Reward (McNeil) when you buy $20 or more -$10
Final cost: FREE after coupons & Register Rewards


:: Deals Good All Month::
Several of the month's Register Reward deals are carry overs from October. Some stores might still be out of stock.

Lubriderm Fragrance Free Lotion, 6 oz. - $3.79 to $4.99 (buy 3)
$2 - 10/11/09 RP (use 3)
and use $1 Waglreens coupon in the Diabetes & You Coupon Book (will deduct $3)
Receive $8 Register Reward when you buy 3 (Johnson & Johnson)
Final cost: $5.97 to $2.03 Money-Maker after coupons & Register Reward

Theraflu - $5.00 (buy 2)
$2 internet printable HERE (use 2)
and use $2 Walgreens Coupon in the Healthy Savings Coupon Book (will deduct $4)
Receive $3 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Novartis)
Final cost: $1 Money-Maker after coupon & Register Reward

Robitussin DM To Go, 2 pack - $2.49
Receive $2.49 Register Reward (Wyeth)
Final cost: FREE after Register Reward

This Register Reward deal is no longer working

Dulcolax Balance - $7.00
$3 Coupon Found on Packages
Receive $4.00 Register Reward (Boehringer Ingelheim)
Final cost: FREE after coupon & Register Reward
** Don't forget to submit the $5 rebate found on the package

Almay Pure Blends Foundation, 1 oz. - $9.99 to $13.99 (prices vary between stores)
Receive $10.00 Register Reward (Almay)
Final cost: FREE to $3.99 after Register Reward

Almay Pure Blends Mascara, Eye Shadow, or Lip Gloss - $6.99 to $7.99
Receive $5.00 in Register Rewards (Almay)
Final cost: $1.99 to $2.99 after Register Reward


:: This Week's Deals ::

Glade Spray Air Freshener - .99 with in-ad coupon (buy 2)
use .75 off 2 - 11/1/09 SS
and use $1 off 2 Glade Product coupon in Walgreens November Coupon Book
Final price: .12 each when you buy 2

Jell-O Gelatin -2/$1 with in-ad coupon
.50 off 2 internet printable HERE
Final price: .25 each when you buy 2

Betty Crocker Warm Delights - .99 with in-ad coupon
.50 internet printable HERE and HERE and HERE
or .50 10/4/09 GM
Final price: .49 each

Bayer Aspirin, 24-36 ct. - 2/$3 with in-ad coupon
$1 - 10/25/09 RP
Final price: .50 each

Buy 1, Get 1 Clearasil
Oil Free Daily Face Wash, 6.5 oz - $4.99
$2 - 9/27/09 RP (use 2)
Final price: .50 each when you buy 2

Carnation Evaporated Milk - .99 with in-ad coupon
.50 off 2 internet printable HERE
or .50 off 2 - 9/27/09 SS and 10/1/09 RP
Final price: .74 each when you buy 2

Betty Crocker Frosting - $1.29
.50 internet printable HERE and HERE and HERE
or .50 - 10/25/09 SS
Final price: .79 each

Progresso Soup - 4/$5 with in-ad coupon
$1 off 3 internet printable HERE and HERE
Final price: .88 each when you buy 3

Buy 1, Get 1 Ester-C
500 mg., 90 count
- $11.99
$5 - 11/8/09 RP (use 2)
Final price: $1 each when you buy 2

Hershey's Holiday Kisses - 2/$5
$1 - 9/13/09 SS (use 2) coupon for the larger sized bags
$1 off 2 - 11/8/09 SS
$1 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Hershey)
Final cost: $1 $1.50 each after coupons & Register Reward

Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk - $1.79 with in-ad coupon
$1 off 2 - 11/8/09 RP
Final price: $1.29 each when you buy 2

Kotex Feminine Care - 2/$6
18 pack Tampons, 14-24 pack Maxi Pads, 48-64 pack Pantiliners
use $2 off (2)Pads - 11/8/09 SS and 10/4/09 SS
or $1.50 off (2) Liners - 11/8/09 SS and 10/4/09 SS
or $1.50 off (2) Tampons - 11/8/09 SS and 10/4/09 SS
receive $1 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Kimberly-Clark)
Final cost: $1.50 each for pads or $1.75 each for tampons or liners after coupon & Register Reward

Sun-Maid Raisins, 18 oz. - 2/$4 with in-ad coupon
$1 off 2 - 11/8/09 SS
Final price : $1.50 each when you buy 2

Huggies Jumbo Pack Diapers, Training Pants or GoodNites - $8.99
$2 internet printable HERE
Final price: $6.99 each


:: Filler Ideas ::
Christmas Tumbler or Gift Sack - .13 with in-ad coupon
4x6 inch Digital Print - .15 with in-ad coupon
Royal Instant Pudding - .25 with in-ad coupon
Deerfield Farms Baking Soda - .50 with in-ad coupon
Morton Iodized Salt - .50 with in-ad coupon

16 comments:

  1. I just tried the Lubriderm deal and the assistant manager told me that you cannot stack the non-ad walgreens coupons (i.e. Diabetes and you, monthly coupon books) because those coupons are manufacturer coupons good at walgreens, not technically walgreen's coupons. She showed me on the coupons where it says, "Manufacturer coupon good only at Walgreens. Not valid with any other offer." This stipulation is not on the ACTUAL walgreens coupons which are in the ads. Kind of sad. It wasn't just her either. The coupons wouldn't scan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some other good deals this week- Bayer 4 ct Quik Release pain reliever, $1.50 with in ad coupon and there was a $1.50 coupon in recent inserts, 10/25 RP I think, which makes it free. Ocean Spray 64 oz cranberry juice, on sale for $1.99 and there's a $1 coupon in the Nov coupon book (may not be good for all varieties). Monthly RR deal - buy 2 bags Hershey Bliss, get $2 RR. Hope they go on sale this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CValentine - Interesting. I just read the fine print and it does say that, but the coupon is not coded as a manufacturer coupon and they do not keep them to remit to the manufacturer for reimbursement. I'm going to have to investigate this some more. Thank you for bring it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks CJ, I'll check and see if the varieties of Ocean Spray that match up with the Nov. coupon book are on sale.

    If I'm reading it correctly, I think the Bayer Quick Release coupon in the 10/25/09 RP insert is for 10 ct. and won't work. Am I missing the right one or am I reading it wrong?

    I'll keep my opens for a sale on Hershey Bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "right" way to do the Lubriderm deal is to give the manufacturer coupons to the cashier first and then give the coupon from the magazine. It will go through without a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good reminder! It can make a difference the order you give coupons to a cashier. I always give the cashiers my manufacturer coupon before store coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.hersheys.com/recipes/lib/pdf/CalendarPadGrocery2010.pdf

    I found the actual form at a display in the South County Kmart. The tear pad only requires 2 proofs of purchase. Beside the calendar, there are $4.00 in MQ, which are probably good on baking products.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeri - I dont recall if my Quik Release coupon had a size limit but it scanned with no problem for the 4 ct box. The coupon had an expiration date of 12/31/09.
    I used insert coupons and Wags monthly booklet coupons for the Lubriderm with no problems. As with most things at Walgreens, every store has their own rules. Luckily all 3 of my closest Wags are pretty good with most coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. CJ- Thanks for sharing your experience with Lubriderm. I never noticed the wording on the coupon until CValentine mentioned it. I recycle the books when the month is over, so I don't know if the wording has changes or has been that way for some time.

    I'm having a hard time even finding Lubriderm 6 oz. Some store in my area don't sell that size and the ones that do are out of stock.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I apologize for using the $1.50 Bayer Quik Release coupon on the wrong size item. I am a stickler for only using coupons for the correct sizes and items, that one somehow slid by me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a wag store tell me tonight that you could not use a manufacturer coupon on an item that had a rr on it....WHAT...with all that I had bought, I should have got $27 rr and the manager said I did not get them!(any of them) I told the manager I was able to do it yesterday, she said she didnt know why? Ever got this issue?

    ReplyDelete
  12. CJ - I understand. I also agree coupons should be used for the correct products and sizes, but sometimes things happen unintenionally. I never mean to post a wrong coupon-match up, but sometimes I make a mistake.

    Anonymous - Yes, I've heard that before from a manager. I think managers that give out this kind of explaination actually think it's true. There are so many quirk in Walgreens system I'm not sure anyone who works there has figured it out. Walgreens should hire a few couponers to educate the employees. :)

    When this has happened to me before, I politely challenged the manager to ring it up at a different register to see what happens. The few times I've had to do this the RR have printed.

    The only reason I know when RR won't print is when you roll RR within the same manufacturer's product. (Use RR to pay for an item offering RR all from the same manufacturer)

    I hope you returned the merchandise. The good thing about Walgreens is they are on every other corner here in St Louis. Most Walgreens and their employees good to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those $1.00/1 Hershey Kisses MQ are for bags 10 oz. or larger. So unless another Hershey MQ shows up before the EOM, the $1.00/2 MQ good on the 8 oz. or larger bags are the right ones for the Holiday Candy bags at Wags.

    ReplyDelete
  14. kas, I messed that up. Thanks for finding my mistake. I hope it didn't cause anyone problems.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had trouble with the Glade sprays deal last night. The $1/2 any Glade products wouldn't scan, I was using it along with the .99 in ad coupon and a .75/2 MQ. It shouldnt have mattered what order the 3 coupons were scanned because the total would have been .25 either way and I was buying other items. The cashier finally got permission from the manager to just key it in as a $1 coupon. However the $4 IVC for the Nexxus 2 oz mousse took off $5 when I bought 2 with no problems. Walgreens coupons confound me sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. CJ - I'm so confused with all these Walgreens coupons. I'm getting ready to put togeather next weeks deals and I don't know what will work and what won't.

    ReplyDelete