Contact Me






Saturday, January 9, 2010

Walgreens Deals - Week of 1/10/10

Sale prices good January 10 - 16

Edit: It's be reported that the 10 oz. Oust with the green cap is the only variety working for the B1G1 Deal . And, it might not end up being FREE. At some Walgreens the original price of Oust is more that the $3.99 maximum on the coupon. Thanks, CJ!


Remember, you can roll Register Rewards. Take a look at Using Register Rewards.


I highlight only the best deals. Take a look at Walgreens' full ad here. (As of Sunday)


:: FREE this Week ::

ThermaCare Pain Relief, Single pack Neck & Arm HeatWrap - $2.49
$1 - HERE
Receive $2.50 Register Reward (Wyeth)
Final price: $1 Money-Maker after coupon and Register Reward

Triaminic Cold or Allergy Relief - 2/$10
14 pack Thin Strips, 4 oz. Syrup, or .67 oz. Decongestant Spay
$3 off Thin Strips - 12/6/09 Insert in the Suburban Journal (use 2)
or $2 off any Triaminic - 12/6/09 Insert in the Suburban Journal (use 2)
or $1.50 off Thin Strips - HERE (use 2)
Receive $5 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Novartis)
Final price: $1 Money-Maker on Thin Strips after (2) $3 coupons and Register Reward or $1 each on Thin Strips after (2) $1.50 coupons and Register Reward

Oust - B1G1
B1G1 - 1/3/10 SS
Final price: 2 FREE

:: Cheap this Week ::

Colgate MaxFresh or MaxWhite Toothpaste - $2.99
.75 - HERE
or .75 - 1/3/10 SS
Receive $2 Register Reward (Colgate-Palmolive)
Net cost: .24 after coupon and Register Reward

Halls Drops, 20 to 30 ct. - .99 with in-ad coupon
.50 - HERE
Final price: .49 each

Betty Crocker Frosting - .99 with in-ad coupon
$1 off 2 - HERE
Final price: .49 each when you buy 2

Betty Crocker Warm Delights - .99 with in-ad coupon
.50 - HERE
or $1 off 2 - HERE
Final price: .49 each

Kleenex - .79 with in-ad coupon
.50 off 3 - HERE
or .50 off 3 - 12/6/09 SS or 1/3/10 SS
Final price: .62 each when you buy 3

Rembrant Dental Care - $4.99
2.6 - 3 oz. Toothpaste, or 16 oz. Mouthwash
$3 - HERE
Receive $1 Register Reward (McNeil)
Final cost: .99 each after coupon and Register Reward

Bic Disposable Razors - 2/$10
3 of 4 pack Comfort 3 Advance or Soleil
B1G1 - 1/10/10 SS
and use $3 off 2 coupon in Walgreens January Coupon Book
Final price: $1 each when you buy 2

Kotex Maxi Pads - 3/$9
$2 off 2 - 1/10/10 SS
Receive $4 Register Reward when you buy 3 (Kimberly-Clark)
Final price: $1 each when you buy 3 after coupon and Register Reward

Post Cereal - $1.75
Honey Bunches of Oats, Grape-nuts, Fruity Pebbles (pictured in ad)
$1 off 2 - 12/6/09 SS
Final price: $1.25 each when you buy 2

Oscar Mayer Bacon - 2/$6
.75 - 11/15/09 SS (Use 2 - Hurry! expires 1/10)
Receive $1 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Kraft)
Net cost: $1.75 each after (2) coupons and Register Reward

Energizer Max Batteries - $2.99
4 pack AA or AAA, 2 pack C or D, Single 9 volt
$1 - HERE
or $1 - 1/10/10 SS
Final price: $1.99 each

Dryel At-Home Dry Cleaning - $7.99
6 pack refills or 4 pack starter kit
$2 - HERE
Receive $3 Register Reward (OneCare Co.)
Final cost: $2.99 after coupon & Register Reward

Benefiber - $8.99
6.4 to 14.9 oz, 28 ct. Stick Packs, 100 ct. Chewable Tablets
$2 - HERE
and use $4 coupon found in Walgreens January Coupon Book
Final price: $2.99 each


:: Buy 1 Get 1 50% off Johnson & Johnson Beauty Care Products::
The following items are just a sample of the products on sale. The prices might vary between stores.

Check out the Johnson and Johnson Beauty Care rebate in the 1/10/10 SS insert. Get $10 rebte check by mail when you buy $30.

Lubriderm Daily Moisturizer, 6 o. - @ $4.29 = $6.44 for 2
$2 - 1/10/10 SS (use 2)
or use $2 - HERE
And use $1 Walgreens coupon in Daiabetes & You Coupon Book (will deduct $2)
Final price: .22 each when you buy 2

Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizer Lotion, 2.5 oz. - @ $3.59 = $5.39 for 2
$2 - 1/10/10 SS (use 2)
or $2 - HERE
Final price: .70 each when you buy 2
The register might not automatically accept the second coupon because it will be more than the cost of the second item. If your cashier won't put the entire $2 coupon through manually, ask them to reduce the coupon value to the price of the second item.

Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cream or Astringent, 8 oz. - @ 5.79 = $8.69
$2 - 1/10/10 SS (use 2)
$2 - HERE
Final price: $2.35 each when you buy 2

Roc Multi-Correxion Exfoliating Cleanser, 5 oz. - @8.49 = $12.74
$3 - 1/10/10 SS (use 2)
or $3 - HERE
Final price: $3.37 each when you buy 2


:: Filler Ideas ::

Christmas Candy - If your store has any left, it will be 75% off
Knee-Highs - .25
Russell Stover Valentine Candy - .39 with in-ad coupon
Household Gloves - .39 with in-ad coupon
Nestle Candy Bars - .49 with in-ad coupon
Mandarin Oranges, 11 oz. - .50 witn in-ad coupon

32 comments:

  1. Someone please tell me to not buy any more Oust, even though it's free - I already have a whole boxful and I don't even like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you CJ. How much can one have and give away?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Step away from the Oust, LOL! I'm another one w/enough and do NOT need to buy more! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you too CJ. I have a few more things to add to my list- Theraflu, chapstick, lotion, toothpaste, ect. It is hard to pass up free!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would still have to buy the Sunday paper later today but I'm already planning my Wags trip. Can someone please let me know if the J&J Rebate requires that all $30 worth of items be in ONE receipt or can it be in different receipts but on the SAME date? Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Remember Women's Shelters and Food Banks can often use these items, if you are overstocked. They are often desperate for these items.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do want the Oust--I love it for spraying trash cans, after the little germ factories are sick, etc. Stay away! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good news - I checked my stockpile and I dont have a whole boxful of Oust, I only have 2. I dont know where they all went, I must have donated them already. So I get to buy more this week afterall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi coupon.girl - I hope this info isn't too late for your planning.

    From the form: "The origianl dated, store-identified cash register receipt dated between January 10,2010 and Feruary 5, 2010."

    They don't say either way if it has to be on one receipt. Sorry I don't have a good answer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving the Oust comments.

    Last, year I gave a bunch of Oust to my son's PE teacher. She was more that glad to get them to cover up the stench of the locker rooms. I might have to see if the high school PE teacher wants this year's supply.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not yet late.

    It sounds like it has to be in one receipt.

    Thanks a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea Jeri! I substitute teach and when you walk by the boys locker room it is bad. Always smells like bo and Axe spray combined. Not a good smell. I will take the PE teachers whatever I get. I guess off to use all of my b1g1 Oust coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have seen on other sites that the Buy One Get One 50% off items for the Johnson&Johnson Rebate are ringing up BOGO FREE at some Walgreens. Has anyone experienced this around here??

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Carissa - I've been reading that too, but haven't tried it. Hopefully someone has and will comment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bought 2 Lubriderms for 7.99 and the second one came off free. The 4.99 Lubriderm I bought was b1g1 half off. I don't understand why but was sure glad it came out that way. I ended up paying .99 cent a piece for each of the 16oz Lubriderm that had a free body cream attached. That was the deal of the day for me. I am hoping I can go back tomorrow and get another one of those deals.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lynda,

    Which Walgreens did you shop at?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I did a B1G1 deal at Wags before. I think it was Maybelline mascara. Was able to use 2 Manufacturing Qs but the value of the Wags book coupon was only deducted once. Would be paying more as I expected so I had the transaction voided. :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Lynda - Thanks for the info.

    To make sure I'm reading this correctly. The bigger bottle of Lubriderm rang up B1G1, but the smaller bottle ran up B1G1-50% off.

    Can you pass on the ounces of each bottle, so if anyone else wants to do this deal they can get the corrct sizes?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would be happy to. CJ it was the Gravois Bluffs store. I bought the Lubriderm ointment (1.75oz) and it rang up B1G1 half off. Then I went to the Bluff store and bought Lubriderm (16 oz. with free 3.3 oz skin repair) and it rang up B1G1 free. The amount that comes off is at the end of receipt. It is a little confusing when they are ringing it. Just check the receipt before you leave to make sure it is correct. I used all of the coupons including the one out of the diabetes mag. The big ones ended up being .99 a piece. What a deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks, Lynda! I wrote this deal up and posted it. Hopefully, Walgreens won't reprogram the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The B1G1 Oust deal wasnt totally free for me. The first one rang up at $4.29 and the B1G1 coupon only took off $3.99. So I paid .30 for 2. Not bad, but not free. Also the 10 oz green cap Oust is apparently the only kind that qualifies. The B1G1 shelf sign was under the larger blue cap Oust at my store and both of them rang up at $4.79 each.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Please think about nursing homes to donate your FREE Oust to. They can use it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. To those wondering if you can submit multiple receipts for the J&J rebate, someone on another blog contacted J&J and they said yes. It does not have to be all on one receipt. And coupons do not affect the total ($30 before coups). Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I went to the Walgreens at Lindbergh and Mueller today. They would not ring up the Oust as free. Instead they only wanted to give me $2.15 off. I said no thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Jenny,

    Thanks for sharing your expierence. Sorry this was a problem for you, but good for you for walking away.

    There have been serveral B1G1 coupons lately where the maximum of the coupon didn't cover Walgreens price. But $2.15? When I wrote Walgreens Corp. last year they told me they would accept B1G1 coupon on a B1G1 sale.

    I don't remember B1G1 coupons not coveirng Walgreens prices in the past. Have they increased their prices that much this past year?

    ReplyDelete
  26. The same thing happened to me as Jenny at the Harvester/St. Peters store. They said they would only give half off since the store sale was B1G1 already. He checked w/the manager and they agreed that they couldn't do it. I passed on the offer too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Has anyone heard if CVS is opening up next week? Originally I thought the opening dates were next week sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Lynda - I spoke to CVS Cutomer Relations on the phone yesterday. They didn't have an opening date in their computer system, but said the should be opening next week, or maybe as ealy as this weekend.

    Thersa left comments on the CVS post that Olivett Chamber of Commerce has a "ribbon cutting" scheduled for Jan. 17th and West County Chamber of Commerce has one sceduled for Jan. 21st.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks Jeri for the information. I will just keep my eyes open. Now I just need to figure out their system ugh..... Not another one!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Lynda - No ugh... necessary with CVS. There system is so much easier that Walgreens.

    I haven't shopped at a CVS in about a year, but the cashiers were so helpful and knew how their system worked. I'm hoping the St Louis cashiers are trained well.

    ReplyDelete