Contact Me






Friday, March 26, 2010

Saved 88% This Week

No store had an abundance of good deals this week, but every store had some. I found myself "cherry picking" all over town. Even for me, I shopped at too many stores.


CVS
Besides picking up the freebies I decided to trade my ECB's for Shop 'n Save coupons in the Entertainment Book. I love those $5 off $50 coupon, but don't want to spend money to get them. It doesn't' seem like money when I use ECB's or Register Rewards.

Before sales & coupons: $48.26
Total spent: $0.01
Total saved: $$8.25 for 100%

Target

I hadn't been to Target in a few weeks and I still had a $5 Giftcard from some time ago. I used it to pay for the Ore-Ida and eggs.

I was excited to find beach towels for 50 cents. I'm lucky to get my towels back with my son from Scout camp, and if they do come home, I'm not sure I want to put them in the washer. I won't care with these towels.

Before sales & coupons: $15.69
Total spent: $1.00
Total saved: $14.69 for 94%

Shop 'n Save
I received a $1 Catalina coupon for buying Philly Cream Cheese and a FREE milk Catalina for purchasing the Kellogg's cereal. I split my transaction into two orders and paid for the milk with the Catalina I had just received. If I had been thinking better, I would have split my order up differently and spent the $1 Catalina also. That way I won't have to think about getting back to Shop 'n Save before it expires. Oh well, I'll remember next time.

Before sales & coupons: $49.10
Total spent: $11.40
Total saved: $37.70 for 94%

Schnucks
If I had more freeze space, I would have bought more split chicken breast for .99 per pound. I think I had better save my "splurge funds" for a freezer.

Before sales & coupons: $32.29
Total spent: $9.17
Total saved: $23.22 for 72%

Dierbergs
I found the Applewood Bacon Burgers on a Manager's Special for $1.99 lb. Woo Hoo! That is my price point for meat and a perfect match for the $2 meat Instant Savings when I bought (2) Wish-Bones.

Before sales & coupons: $23.29
Total spent: $7.69
Total saved: $15.60 for 67%

Johnny's Market
I'm loving being able to find Russets at $1.99 for 10 pounds, somewhere each week. I wish Johnny's was a little closer to home. I would take advantage of their $1 off $4 produce coupon more often if they were.

Comparable Schnucks price: $7.58
Total spent: $2.53
Total saved: $5.05 for 67%

Aldi
Comparable Schnucks price: $20.14
Total spent: $9.86
Total saved: $10.28 for 51%

My Splurge
I actually bought 2 packages of buns this week, but one package was long gone before I got my picture taken. The white package is catfish.

Before sales: $11.27
Total spent: $8.77
Total saved: $2.50 for 22%

Weekly Totals
Before sales & coupons: $196.45
Total spent: $41.66 - $17.50 in rebates I received this week = $24.16
Total saved: $172.29 for 88%

Year to Date Totals
Spent: $488.18
($41 weekly average)
Saved: $1,747.60 ($145 weekly average)

Splurge Funds: $111.82

For those who don't read my blog on a regular basis, my splurge funds are the difference between what I've actually spent and my $50 budget. They are for those items I never find on sale or that I don't have coupons for.

9 comments:

  1. Jeri,

    Great job. Wonderful find on the burgers. So, funny that you bring up freezers. I have just cashed in my MYPOINTS for two 100 gift cards at Sears. I am getting one in April during the Cash for Appliances rebate program and the rebate for haul away something old. I am in Illinois so I have to wait until Earth Day. You need to check this out in Missouri. Basically, I will be getting mine almost free after the rebates.

    Also, I look so forward to looking at what you bought during the week. Ours are usually close mirror images. Love your stuff. Let me know if you want to do "the HILL"

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to start checking the meat dept for deals. I dont eat much meat because it's expensive so I hardly ever go near that part of the store. Those Applewood burgers look good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rhonda and CJ - The whole family is looking forward to the Applewood burgers. I've only rescently started to look for marked-down meat at Dierbergs. They have a sticker on them that says Managers Special. Their prices are good on the mark-downs, unlike Schnucks marked down meat is still expensive.

    I think MO is doing a rebate also for Earth Day. I need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeri,
    How do you keep track of all of you spending & savings. I need to figure out an easy way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jill - Nothing high tech for me. I keep a tally in a spiral notebook. I keep thinking I should set up a spreadsheet, but that hasn't happened yet.

    I always shop with a list and at the stores where they don't list your saving per item on the receipt, I jot down the pre-sale price on my shopping list. The stores where I compare my saving to if I had shopped at Schnucks, I check the prices when I go to Schnucks. After awhile, most of those prices are already in my notebook from previous weeks.

    It takes me about 15 minutes to record everything and figure my savings. It has really helped me stay within my budget.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jeri! I will try you system staring in April.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeri,
    Just wanted to say that you are so AWESOME! My family has saved a TON of money with your help. Even today, I was looking through the Wags ad SO HAPPY to find Tums on sale with RRs. I searched my coupon stash and could only find a $1/2 Q. Plugged "Tums" into the search box here and was able to get (2)$1/1 Qs...again, you've saved the day!! Thanks for everything you do!!! My husband was looking over my shoulder in amazement while I viewed all of your savings this week. He couldn't believe it. I think we'll make a "saver" out of him yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you tell me at which Target you shop? The one I went to wouldn't let me use the coupon on the beach towel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi BKicklighter - I shop at the Hamton Village Target. I printed my beach towel coupons the first day Target had them on their site. There was no restrictions on the coupons I printed.

    I call Target corporate when my store has decided which coupons they wouldn't let me use. Corporate will get in touch with your store. I haven't had any problems in a long time.

    ReplyDelete