Contact Me






Monday, May 3, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - Week of 5/3/10

Just like the jar of Ragu Creamy Garlic Pasta Sauce is getting shuffled around in the pantry, it's getting shuffled around on the menu plan. Last week, was extremely busy and we didn't stick to the menu plan very well, so several menu ideas are being recycled for this week. Hopefully, we will do a better.

Monday: Chicken in Creamy Garlic Sauce, pasta, garlic bread, veggies, fruit

Tuesday: Pizza, greens salad

Wednesday: Tacos, refried beans, chips & salsa

Thursday: Italian beef sandwiches, fries, fruit

Friday: Date Night

Saturday: Grilled hamburgers, onions rings, veggie, fruit

Sunday: Grilled pork chops, baked potatoes, green salad, veggie

If you would like more meal planning ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com

9 comments:

  1. Jeri,

    You will like that pasta sauce. I have used it many times. Add some broccoli with it if you want. It is awesome.

    I found a place to pick all natural strawberries straight from the field at 255 and 55. They are 6.50 a gallon. Let me know if you want more info. They are huge beautiful sweet berries perfect for freezing. He has 3 varieties.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda - I didn't think about adding broccoli. My family will eat anything if it has broccoli in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is that strawberry place? I live very close to that location and would love to know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the rough weight of a gallon of strawberries? When SFM sold the peck of tomato, I used the scale in produce to decide this was a better buy then by the pound.

    If you're live by JB, Market Place over in Columbia,IL has the 40 oz. KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce for $.99. The $1.00 MQ makes it free, except there's a limit of 2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily,


    It is sunshine farms. From 55 at 255, if going 255-S get off on Horseshoe Lake Road make a left, first right, then next right at fairmont avenue. If going 255-N just make a left on Horseshoe lake Rd, then right and right at Fairmont Ave. I picked again today. I have picked 6 gallons so far. I really recommend the Chandley variety - straight out of the field while picking it was the sweetest and it is best for freezing.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeri,

    What did you think of the pasta sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you make the creamy garlic sauce???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tabitha,

    I use Ragu's or I use the one on recipezaar.com or allrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rhonda and Tabitha - I used Ragu Creamy Garlic Sauce. I don't think I'll buy it again. I thought it was fair at best, buy my son and husband liked it. Thanks for the links to real receipes.

    ReplyDelete