Contact Me






Sunday, June 27, 2010

Walgreens - Register Reward for Airplus Not Printing

UPDATE: Wild for Wag is reporting the Register Reward is now printing.

As everyone who purchased Airplus Ultra Moisturizing Socks Sunday morning or afternoon knows, the Register Reward is not printing. I would imagine Walgreens will get this problem fixed soon, but it will probably be sometime Monday, before they do.

I've had several readers email me about how their stores dealt with this problem. One store rang the socks up for $0.01, so the reader ended up with free socks to take home. The other store gave the reader a form to fill out and mail to Catalina Marketing along with their receipt. They will have to wait for their Register Reward.

I understand mistakes happen, but the customer shouldn't have do extra work, or spend money on a stamp for a stores mistake. If I had purchased the socks and were handed the form to send in, I would wait until Walgreens gets the Register Reward problem fixed, take my socks and mail-in form back to the store, ask to return the product, and then buy them again, But, I have a Walgreens on every other corner here in St Louis. If Walgreens isn't as convenient for you, it might be worth your time and stamp.

If you purchased Airplus socks on Sunday, how did your store deal with the mistake?

Thanks, Trish and Marilyn!

10 comments:

  1. I was given the form to send in. I like your idea of waiting and returning. Guessing you'll update when it is working? Pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The customer ahead of me caught it and the manager manually made the socks 1 cent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First store I went to gave me $3 cash. I went to another and just assumed the machine wasn't working at the first store. The second store gave me the form, but I think I will just take them back. Afullcup has reported they are printing now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carrie, Anonymous and Judy - I just read on Wild for Wags that its working now, also. Thanks for keeping us udated Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went this morning and the store I visited actually refunded the $3 (plus tax) to a gift card for me. That actually works out better, I got my tax back and the GC doesn't expire. (I went at about 10:30am today.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got the form here and I like your idea to return and re-purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to 2 stores this morning. One gave me $3.21 on a gift card (I'm guessing she "returned" them). The other gave me a $3 RR by scanning the Blistex again. I was happy with both solutions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm amazed at how many different ways this was handled today. And, I'm sure a few more. This isn't unheard of that a RR doesn't print. You would think there was a procedure to follow, and every store would handle it the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got the last pair at the Rock Hill store at 7pm last night, by then the RR was printing fine. Earlier in the day at the Overland store. my friend got the socks and the manager just rang up an extra Blistop and gave her a $5 RR, so she made $2. Ive only sent in a RR form once and it took several months to get it back and it was for the wrong amount. Since then if a RR doesnt print for me and the manager wont give me cash or a gift card, I return the item.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got a gift card for all 3 of my socks, even though I'd rung them up together. :) Walgreen's on Wolfrum off of Hwy 94 is really nice!

    ReplyDelete