Contact Me






Saturday, January 22, 2011

CVS $5 Scenario - Week of 1/23/11

You can save ton of money at CVS rolling ECBs.  If you are following my CVS $5 Scenarios you have a $3 ECB to start this week's shopping.

Remember, if CVS is out of stock on an item, ask for a raincheck. You still get ECBs with a raincheck.

Take a look more CVS deals HERE.

Transaction #1
purchase:
(1) Crest Pro-Health Rinse $3.99
use:
ECB from last week - $3.00
= $0.99 + tax out of pocket and get a $3.99 ECB

Transaction #2
purchase:
(1) Huggies Little Snugglers, Little Movers or Pull-Ups $8.99
(1) Carmex Lip Balm $0.99
use:
(1) Carmex coupon (11/07/10 SS) - $0.30
(1) Huggies or Pull-Ups coupon (1/23/11 SS) - $2.00
ECB from previous transaction -$3.99
= $3.69 + tax out of pocket and get a $1.00 ECB

Items Purchased
(1) pack of Huggies or Pull-Ups
(1) Crest Rinse
(1) Carmex Lip Balm

Retail price before sales and coupons: $19.07
Total out of pocket: $4.68 for a 75% savings
And a $1 ECB to use within the next month

If you didn't start with the $3 ECB, you will have only spent $7.68  for this scenario -  a 60% savings.

8 comments:

  1. Does anyone know if their CVS is still accepting expired ECB's? The one at Gravois and Germania has suddenly stopped taking them thanks to a new store manager. I have about $13 left to spend! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes kerimgina, when I went there, cashier told me that they now only accept expired for less than a month CVS Qs. Did they tell you that they totally don't accept expired CVS Qs now?

    I called CVS Gravois cor Chippewa before I went there last night and they are still accepting expired CVS Qs. :) Call them first to make sure. Phone No. is (314) 762-0752.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't yell at me......but why would you expect them to take expired ones? Is that common? It would never even occur to me to ask such a question, that is why there is a date on them, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi kerimgina - I can confirm the info coupon.girl gave you. I was told the same thing at the Gravois/Germainia store a few months ago. Don't know if it's changed since then.

    Hi Lynne - No yelling aorund here. Readers are really nice even if they disagree.

    I think most couponers have found a ECB, RR or Catalina at the bottom of their purse one time or another. I don't know if other CVS's take expired ECBs or not. I don't think it's a common occurance.

    I think since CVS is so new in the St Louis area that some managers are doing everything they can to to gain loyal customers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cashier told me on 12-13-10 they will accept late ECBs up to one month past their expiration date at the Gravois and Chippewa store.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi All,

    The store I shop in does take expireds not sure of the time limit but I have had some expire last fall and been able to use them but YMMV I think the nom is 1 month. HTH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, I couldn't remember where I posted my question! My ECB's were less than a month old at the time. The shift supervisor wouldn't give me a straight answer when I asked him about it. Now that kind of irritates me. Especially since I like CVS so much better than Walgreens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi kerimgina - I too would be irritated when I couldn't get a straight answer. You should contatct either the store manager or Corp. I don't think CVS would want an irritated customer over one employee who doesn't know policy - what ever it is.

    ReplyDelete