Contact Me






Sunday, January 9, 2011

CVS Field Notes - Week of 1/09/11


Great shopping at CVS this week. The store I shop had almost everything on my list in stock.

See this week's deals and coupon match-ups HERE.
  • Maalox is a money-maker At the store I shop, Maalox Advanced Regular is $5.89 and Maalox Advanced Maximum  $6.49.  Both of them will trigger the ECB. 
  • Magic Coupon machine is spitting out a coupon for $.50 off a Dove Single Bar.  Dove Single Bars are included in the Snickers Single FREE after ECB deal. 
  • King Hershey's Drops or Reese's Cup Minis - The clerks & I looked everywhere for these products.  They don't think they've received them.  I got a rain check.
  • Pepsi 12-packs are shown on the front page of the ad and again with the other Pepsico products on page 3.   The ad shows two different offer numbers.  I asked the assistant manager about this.  He told me he called a few other stores and no one seemed to know if it was really two different offers.  I'll keep you posted if I hear what's going on. UPDATE:  Pepsi is inlcuded in (2) offers.  (Thanks, Kelly in West County!)
  • Christmas Candy & Merchandise - 75% off.  The store on Gravois and Chippewa has lots of candy, gift wrap and bows still in stock.
Please leave a comment if you have additional info to pass on to other readers.

13 comments:

  1. Wasn't the story here in Illinois. No stock of many items. So, again this week, rainchecks. This can be kinda discouraging when I was finally in the mood to deal shop again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda,

    TYVM for the update. I had not been out yet. I just might wait til later in the week. =) Hope you are doing well. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Creve Coeur store had the King Hershey's Drops or Reese's Cup Minis in one of those round free standing bins near the register. There weren't spots on the shelf for them and they weren't marked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi JB,

    TYVM for the candy info ya gotta love free candy =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeri - Thanks for the Dove info, I'd rather get Dove than Snickers. I wont count on getting a .50 coupon from the machine though, it continues to hate me. I'll try to get to CVS tomorrow morning before the snow hits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was able to do the pepsi deal twice for a total of 20 ecb back. I did them in different transactions and they both printed no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Which store do you shop? I was at the S. Lindbergh store by 2pm and they were already out of all the Maalox. They had the Finish Tabs behind the counter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went this morning at about 8am to the Gravois store. I was there with some other women bleary eyed and clutching their coupon organizers. The store still had lotso f the Finish. I was happy to finally get a dishwasher soap deal. i always manage to miss those. My coupon machine spit out the candy coupons but I didn't even put 2 and 2 together. Anyway, I got 2 things of candy for free :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi All,

    If anyone if doing the Scott TP/PT there is an IP out there if you look it is -$2 on 1 of ea(TP/PT) and I found in my IP stash a -$1/1 from about a month ago I think. HTH

    I was thinking of doing:

    6 Pepsi Co. @$20
    -$18 in Mixer WTs
    =$2.00 + Tax
    Get back $10 ecb

    Then do:

    3 Scott TP @ $30
    2 Scott PT @$20
    -$5 in IPs
    -$23 in Ecbs
    =$22.00
    Get $20 Ecb back

    Then do the Pepsi deal again if the limit is 2:

    6 @ $20
    -$20 Ecb
    =0 + tax
    Get back $10 Ecb

    Does that look ok? TIA =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janet-
    What are Mixer WTs? And where do you get them? TIA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning to All,

    If you still have those -$1/1 Extra IPs hang on to them til the 22nd, CVS will have them at $1.49 ea. per Iheartcvs. HTH

    Hi Rachel,

    WTs=Winetags usually are on bottles of booze. This one is an any Mixer (soda/juice) WT. HTH

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi All - Thanks for the additional info.

    Rhonda - Great to hear from you.

    JB - My store must have boxes of King Size Hershey's Drops in the storage room still.

    CJ - I thought of you when the Magic Coupon Machine spit out a Dove Chocolate coupon.

    Thanks, Anonymous for confiming you can do the Pepsi deal twice.

    Jeremy - I shop at the new store in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jeri - I did get the Dove coup afterall! The coupon machine must have known that I needed chocolate :)
    The South County store had the Reeses Minis along the register area with all the other candy, even had a free after ECB tag which made it easy to find. I didnt see the Hershey Drops.

    ReplyDelete