Contact Me






Monday, February 28, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - Week of 2/28/11


 
I've always just opened a jar of Ragu when I needed pasta sauce, but Dierbergs has a very easy recipe in their Everybody Cooks Magazine this quarter for All-Day Bolognese Sauce.  It looks like my type of recipe -common ingredients, quick to put together, Crock-pot...... So, I'm going to give homeade pasta sacue a try.

Monday: Pork roast, garlic mashed potatoes, pea, fresh pineapple

Tuesday: Pasta with All-Day Bolognese Sauce,(from Dierbergs Everybody Cooks Magazine), green salad, garlic bread

Wednesday: BBQ pork sandwiches, sweet potato fries, corn, fresh pears

Thursday: Breakfast Casserole, grapefruit

Friday: General Tso's Chicken, steamed rice, broccoli, fresh fruit

Saturday: Fish, fries, peas,

Sunday: Grilled chicken, long grain & wild rice, frozen veggie, fresh fruit

If you would like more meal planning ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeri!

    Must have gotten it from my mother, but I have never been able to tolerate jarred pasta sauce. =) It is so easy to make your own and it freezes well. I made about five quarts of sauce last week, we used 1/3 and I divided what was left into two freezer bags and put them in the freezer. (In addition to browning 13 pounds of ground beef, soaking and cooking beans for the freezer, too!)

    I'll have to check out the Dierberg's recipe for a little variety. I am still working on getting a meal plan going for our family, but I "sort of" used one last week and it took so much pressure off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Staci - I grew up in Iowa and Italian food was exotic. :) I think I got from my Mom too - Ragu.

    Keep plugging along with menu planning. After awhile it gets super easy and takes about 5 minutes to put together. It really makes evenings so much easier.

    ReplyDelete