Contact Me






Saturday, February 26, 2011

Walgreens $5 Scenario - Week of 2/27/11


The most cost effective way to shop at Walgreens is to roll your Register Rewards from week to week.   If you are following my Walgreens $5 Scenarios, you have $2  Register Reward from Goody to spend on this week's shopping.

Check out all of this week's Walgreens deals HERE.


Transaction #1
purchase:
(1) Motrin IB  $3.00
(1) Walgreens Hydrogen Peroxide (16 oz) $0.99 (needed as filler to use Register Reward)
use:
(1) Motrin IB coupon (1/09/11 SS) - $1.00
Walgreens in-ad coupon for Hydrogen Peroxide - $0.66
Goody Register Reward from last week - $2.00
 = $0.33 + tax out of pocket and get a $3 McNeil RR

Transaction #2
purchase:
(1) Baby Magic Lotion or Hair & Body Wash $3.00
use:
McNeil Register Reward from previous transaction -$3.00
= $0.00 + tax of pocket (if you have to pay tax in your state) and get a $3 Naterra RR

Transaction #3
purchase:
(1) NasoGel Drip-Free Gel Spray $4.99
use:
Naterra Register Reward from previous transaction -$3.00
= $1.99 + tax out of pocket and get a $5 Neilmed RR
If you find the $1 peelie coupons for NasoGel, add a filler for this transaction

Transaction #4
purchase:
(1) Colgate Total Advanced or Gum Defense Toothpaste $2.99
(1) Nivea Lip Care $2.99
use:
(1) .50 Colgate Coupon (2/13/11 SS) -$0.50
Neilmed Register Reward from previous transaction -$5.00
= $0.48 + tax out of pocket and get a $3 Colgate-Palmolive and a $2 Beiersdorf RR

Transaction #5
purchase:
(1) Baby Magic Lotion or Hair & Body Wash $3.00
(1) Motrin IB $3.00
(1) Walgreens Hydrogen Peroxide (16 oz)  $0.99 (needed as filler)
use:
(1) Motrin IB coupon (1/09/11 SS) - $1.00
Walgreens in-ad coupon for Hydrogen Peroxide -$0.66
Colgate-Palmolive Register Reward from previous transaction -$3.00
Beiersdorf Register Reward from previous transaction $2.00
= $0.33 + tax out of pocket and get a $3 Naterra and a $3 McNeil RR

Transaction #6
purchase:
(1) Super Poligrip Free $1.99
(1) Aquaphor Lip Repair $4.99
(3) Butterball Chicken Broth @$0.99 each = $2.97 (needed as filler to use RR)
use:
(1) Super Poligrip Free printable coupon -$1.00
(1) Aquaphor printable coupon -$1.00
Walgreens in-ad coupon for Butterball Chicken Broth -$1.47
Naterra Register Reward from previous transaction -$3.00
McNeil Register Reward from previous transaction -$3.00
= $0.48 + tax out of pocket and get a $2 GlaxoSmithKline and a $4 Beiersdorf RR

Items purchase
(2) Motrin IB
(2) Baby Magic Lotion or Hair & Body Wash
(1) NasoGel Drip-Free Gel Spray
(1) Colgate Toothpaste
(1) Nivea Lip Care
(1) Super Poligrip Free
(1) Aquaphor Lip Repair
(3) Butterball Chicken Broth
(2) Hydrogen Peroxide

Retail price before sales & coupons: $39.96
Total out of pocket: $3.61 + tax for a 91% savings
And $6 in Register Rewards to start next week's shopping.

If you didn't start with the $2 Register Reward , you will have only spent $5.61  for this scenario - a 86% savings.

14 comments:

  1. You, my friend, are a Walgreens Genius! I'm gonna try this one!! -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa - Not a genuis, but I've been a Walgreens shopper for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to head to Wags tomorrow. I sure hope everything is going to go as planned. I have spent much of the day getting coupons clipped and my plan of action. Gotta get some baby lotion and wash for the new little girl (grandbaby) due in June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's a couple of great updates to stretch your dollars even farther at Wags this week...

    There's a Wags Q for $1 off Colgate Total Advance in the outer Holiday/Winter 2011 D&Y booklet (expires 2/28/11, so hurry!) AND a MQ for $1 off any Colgate Total toothpaste in the larger D&Y (expires 3/31/11). $2.99 - $1 WQ - $1 MQ = $.99 OOP, receive a $2.99 RR, $2 MM. =)

    There's also $6 off any two participating products Q (Motrin PM pictured) in the 1/9 SS (J&J) insert. Buy two Motrin PM for $6 - $6 MQ = $0 OOP, receive a $3 RR for a $3 MM!

    What a great week at Wags! Now if they'd just put the Entertainment Books on sale again, I'm almost out of SNS Qs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, the Diabete & You from Wags for Winter (that had Nueragen in it) had a Colgate Total $1 coupon to use as well.
    Staci, Find my iso on traders and email me and I will send you SnS $5 Qs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi pixie_bit!

    Sent you an email. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Staci & Pixie_bit - Thanks for the additional info.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Sinex RR didn't print this morning and it sounds like this is happening everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is a mm deal on the Venus ProSkin razors - on sale for 7.99, use $5 coupon from today's P&G saver, get $4 RR

    Also, big bags of Huggies wipes are 5.99 and there is a $2 coupon in the infant care book. I had a few manufacturer's coupons to stack with, so not too bad.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. A good morning at Wags! Got 2 Colgate, 4 Cottonelle wipes, 2 Motrin PM, 1 Vicks Vapo Drops, 1 Puffs, 2 Hershey Bliss, and a single serving Minute Maid juice. Paid $3.20 OOP after $23.75 in MQ and RR and got $12 RR back :) The $6/2 Motrin MQ beeped but the cashier entered it by hand.

    Sarah - The $5 Venus coupon says buy the razor and one refill. I dont think it would be a MM after the cost of the refill, but still might be a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi All,

    I will make my trip tomorrow to pick up the Motrin PM special order I had placed.

    CJ when I stopped in this morning to ck the Motrin PM my coupon beeped also. But I can live with paying $.08 and getting back a $3 RR =) I have X?(gonna leave the amount ordered in the air hehehehehehehe) boxes waiting on me tomorrow. =) Very Very good MM. =) DH and my girlfriend will benefit from these. And I am forgetting the deal on the Cottenelle wipes can you refresh my memory? TIA

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a morning. Sinex didn't give a RR/bummer. Motrin PM is a great deal but some stores are only letting you get one and of course the 6 coupon is beeping so they have to put it in by hand. I was a 1 store and this lady grabbed all of the motrin left. I aked her if she was going to purchase them all and very hateful she said yes I am. I have coupons for them all so I can. I go to many stores so I leave some for other people and would never be hateful to anyone. If she needs 16 bottles of Motrin let her have it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi All - Thanks for the udates on Sinex. It had a good run. Too bad it didn't last for one more week.

    Sarah - I'm reading the $5 Venus coupon to be when you buy the razor AND refill. Am I missing something?

    CJ - So, you're confiring the Cottonelle Wipes deal?

    Lynday - Shelf clearer at the store I like to shop this morning too. I sure wish Walgreens would go to something like CVS and with fair limits. But, I went to the next store and they had plenty.

    But, those shlef clearers could be better couponers and order product with the manager.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jeri and Janet - Yes the Cottonelle wipes RR is working. Buy 2 for $1.99 each with the in ad coupon, get a $1.50 RR. I also had a $1/2 printable so mine were .75 each. I bought 4 in 2 separate trips. There's reportedly a $1/2 printable on the Cottonelle site.

    Hershey Bliss is on sale for $3 but mine rang up for $1 each yesterday morning, so free after my $1/2 MQ and $1/2 Wags IVC. Not sure if this is at all stores or if the price is just wrong in the computer at my store. Either way I'll take free Bliss!

    ReplyDelete