Contact Me






Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Best Buys - Week of 2/27/11

My "best buys" are: items for $1 or less, meat for $2 or less a pound, and a few other items that are at rock bottom prices. When I keep my shopping list to these items, I can bring home a ton of groceries for very little money.

Click on the store name to see the coupon match ups and other great deals.

Aldi
Apples, many different varieties - .25 each
Florida Grapefruit - .29 each
White Sandwich Bread - .79
Hamburger & Hot Dog Buns - .79
Wheat Sandwich Bread - .99
Naval Oranges, 4 lb. - $1.29
Pineapple, fresh whole - $1.49
Strawberries, 1 lb. - $1.59
Skim Milk, 1 gallon - $2.39
2% Milk, 1 gallon - $2.69
Whole Milk, 1 gallon - $2.87

CVS
Crest - $1 Money-Maker
Oral-B Cross Action Power Toothbrush - FREE
RevitaLens Multi-Purpose Solution - FREE
Eggs - .99
SoftSoap Body Wash - .99

Dierbergs - Thursday Only!
Red Gold Tomato Sauce - .20
Sister Schubert's Rolls - .39
Totino's Pizza Rolls - .50
Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits - .61
Fuji Apples - .89 lb.
Golden Grahams - .92
Nabisco Saltines $1
Russet Potatoes (5 lb.) - $1.48
Eckrich Smoked Sausage - $1.69
Bob Evans Sausage Roll - $1.89

Dierbergs - All Week
Grapefruit - .33
Dannon Yogurt Cups - .37
Campbell's Tomato or Chicken Noodle Soup - .40
Wolf Brand Chili - .88
Blue Bunny Ice Cream - $1
Coke or Sprite 2 liters - $1
Tenderbird Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts - $1.89 lb.

Schnucks
Friskies Party Mix or Natural Sensations Cat Treats  - FREE
Pure Protein Nutritional Bar - FREE
Pillsbury Simply Biscuits - .30
Yoplait Greek Yogurt Cups - .40
Texas Toast Croutons - .50
Green Giant Boxed Veggies - .50
Quaker Quick or Old Fashioned Oats - .50
Totino's Pizza Rolls - .60
Wolf Brand Chili - .63
Birds Eye Stream Fresh Veggies - .67
Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits - .70
Old Orchard Juice Concentrate - .75
Betty Crocker Helpers - .75
Betty Crocker Specialty Potatoes - .75
Totino's Party Pizza - .75
Michelina's Entrees - .80
Renuzit Adjustable Air Fresheners - .82
Old Orchard Juice - .83
Betty Crocker Cake Mix - .96
Betty Crocker Frosting - .96
Bar S Bologna - .99
Iceberg Lettuce - $1 head
Mushrooms  - $1
Broccoli Crowns - $1 lb.
Sweet Yellow Onions - $1 lb.
Baby Peeled Carrots  - $1
7 Up or Dr Pepper (2 liters) - $1
Perdue Chicken Drumsticks or Thighs - $1.19 lb.
Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts - $1.89 lb.

Shop 'n Save
Prairie Farms Yogurt Cups - .31
Oranges - .33 each
Buddig Wafer Sliced Lunchmeat - .39
Glaceau Vitamin Water - .50
Bar S Franks - .62
Old Orchard Apple Juice Cocktails - .75
7 Up or Dr Pepper, 2 liters - .87
Prairie Farms Dip - .88
Shop 'n Save Whole Chicken - .88 lb.
Jimmy Dean Heat N Serv Links - .89
Prairie Farms Sour Cream - .93
Anjou, Red Anjou or Bosc Pears - .98 lb.
Hamburger or Hot Dog Buns - $1
Farmland Smoked Sausage - $1.45
Prairie Farms Orange Juice - $1.53
Pork Loin End or Rib Roast - $1.88 lb.
Buddig Premium Deli Cuts - $2

Target
Kellogg's Crunchy Nut Cereal - .50
Earth's Best Baby Food - .56
Kraft Miracle Whip - $1

Walgreens
Motrin PM - $3 Money-Maker
Super Poligrip Free - $1 Money-Maker
Colgate - $1 Money-Maker
NasoGel Drip-Free Gel Spray - FREE
Aquaphor Lip Repair - FREE
Baby Magic Lotion or Hair & Body - FREE
Carefree Pantiliners - .50
Nivea Lip Care - .99
Schick Hydro Razor - .00

5 comments:

  1. Just got back from my trip to Target for the week. I usually fare well (my cashiers haven't given me many problems), but this is later in the week than usual for me... Now, the Dardenne Target was out of the 20 ct. Excedrin that I was looking to pick up for free. And I often shop with a toddler, and today was a day that I didn't have a chance to watch as closely at checkout...

    I was purchasing paper products this trip... 3 Bounty at $14.99 (plus 3 sets of coupons: Target for $1 off, P&G for $0.25), and 1 Charmin at $9.99 (plus similar coupons). I also had gift cards to use from last week's frozen foods deal.

    Now, here's the thing. I did get my 2 $5 Target gift cards for buying 2 sets of qualifying purchases. All 4 of the Target coupons rang correctly. But, in looking at my receipt, the cashier charged me for 4 Bountys (instead of 3 plus 1 Charmin). That was probably just her honest mistake trying to modify quantities rather than scanning all four bar codes for those bulky items. BUT, only 2 of the 4 $0.25 mfr coupons were applied... Any thoughts as to why that would have happened? The gift cards don't act like mfr coupons or something strange that would have caused me to be limited, would they? And the cashier did not return them to me... I guess $0.50 isn't the end of the world.

    I didn't check until I was in the car, everything was unloaded, and everyone was buckled in their carseat. By my count, I overpaid $5.50 ($5 from the cashier's error and $0.50 from the lost coupons). I thought about unloading everything back into my cart and going back in to the store, but that just seemed like too much...

    Any thoughts from the experts? :) What would you have done?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would of gone inside because it would of bothered me so much, but you have to go with what your comfortable with. I think you should been fine with the coupons you were trying to use & your gift card wouldn't count because it's a form of payment not a coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Target Shopper - I find it difficult to follow Targets' registers when I'm shopping by myself. I can't imagine trying to follow them with a toddler in tow. And I'm not sure I've ever firgured out how to read their receipts.

    If I were you I'd save that receipt and stop at Customer Service the next time you're at Target. Explain to them what happened. They might make it right for you. It doens't hurt to ask them to do that.

    I'm amazed how many times what I'm charged is incorrect. It happens everywhere. I never gave my receipts a second look before couponing. But, I do now.

    I only shop with a list now. I figure what I should pay before I shop and add the extras in before I check out. This way I know when I've been charged inccorectly.

    When things go wrong, I usually pay at the register and then head to customer service to get things fixed. That way I'm not holding the line up, and it gives me a minute to know exactly what needs to be fixed.

    I probably have to do this somewhere most weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I'm back with an update... I did stop by CS at Target today (as I was there for something else), and asked about a price adjustment. It took FOREVER (which always makes me feel like I am running a scam or something which couldn't be farther from the truth!!), but they did refund the $5 from the Charmin/Bounty mix-up with no real trouble (just my time). They just treated it like a missed coupon. Good enough! Thanks for your thoughts; happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I'm Back! I'm glad you stopped at Target CS to get the overcharge fixed. You shouldn't ever feel bad about paying the correct amount.

    Before couponing I probably would have felt the same way. Rarely would I have ever stopped at a Customer Service Desk. But, it goes both ways for me. If I'm undercharged I stop at CS desk also.

    ReplyDelete