Contact Me






Saturday, March 5, 2011

Walgreens Deals - Week of 3/06/11

Sale prices good  - March 6 - 12,  201

I highlight only the best deals. Take a look at Walgreens' full ad HERE.

This is an updated list from the Sneak Peek I posted on Thursday.  It reflect the coupons in the Post-Dispatch and things I missed the first time. Additions to the list are noted as *NEW*.

Check out my $5 Scenario and Field Notes for shopping ideas and updates.

:: Free This Week ::

Children's PediaCare - $5.99 and up
4 oz. Fever Reducer, Cold or Allergy Relief, .5 or 1 oz. Infant Drops
$3 off 2  PediaCare Products printable coupon
and use Walgreens in-ad coupon for $5 off
Final price: As low as free or better after coupons
Give the cashier the manufacturer coupon before the Walgreens coupon, and make sure you purchase something else to cover the overage.


:: Cheap This Week ::

Always - $2.99
20 or 22 pack LeakGuard Plus, 30 to 34 pack Dri-Liners Plus
Get a $2 Register Reward (P&G)
.50 - 2/27/11 P&G
Final cost: .49 after coupon and RR

*NEW* Ricola Drops (19 to 24 ct) - .99 with in-ad coupon
$1 off 2 - 1/16/11 SS
Final price: .49 each wyb 2

Puffs (56, 68 or 100 sheet) - .99 with in-ad coupon
.50 off 2 - 2/27/11 P&G
Final price: .74 each wyb 2 after coupons

B1G1 Coffee-Mate Liquid (16 oz)  - $2.49
.75 off Coffee-Mate Printable coupon  (use 2)
or $1 off 2 - 1/30/11 RP
Final price: .50 to .75 each wyb 2 after coupons

P&G Cleaning Products Register Reward
Get $3 in Register Rewards when you buy $10 or more of participating products (P&G)
Febreze Air Effects (9.7 oz) - $2.50
$1 - 2/27/11 P&G
Febreze Set & Refresh (.18 oz) - $2.50
$1 - 2/27/11 P&G

Deal Idea
Buy (4) Febreze Air Effects and/or Set & Refresh @2.50 = $10.00
Use (4) $1 off coupon -$4.00
Pay $6.00
Get $3.00 Register Reward
Final cost: .75 each

Softsoap Body Wash (15 to 18 oz) - 2/$7
Get  a $5 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Colgate-Palmolive)
Final cost: $1 each wyb 2 after RR

*NEW* Campbell's Select Harvest or Chunky Soup - 2/$3 with in-ad coupon
$1 off 2 Campbell's Select  Harvest Soup printable coupon
or $1 off 2 Select Harvest - 2/06/11 SS
or $1 off 2 Campbell's Chunky Soups printable coupon
Final cost: $1 each wyb 2

Select Kellogg's Cereal (7.8 to 15 oz) - $1.99
Frosted Flakes, Raisin Bran and Rice Krispies pictured in ad
.70 off Kellogg's Raisin Bran printable coupon
or $1 off 3 Rice Krispies printable coupon
or $1 off 3 Frosted Flakes printable coupon
or $1 off 3 Kellogg's Cereal 10 oz. + - 2/13/11 RP
*NEW* $1 off 2 Kellogg's Cereal - 3/06/11 RP
Final price: $1.29 to $1.66 each  after coupon

Schick Disposable Razors - $5.99
12 pack Slim Twin or 4 pack Xtreme 3
Get a $3 Register Reward (Energizer)
$1 - 2/13/11 SS
Final cost: $1.99 after coupon and RR

ACT Dry Mouth Rinse (18 oz) - $3.49
$1.50 Walgreens coupon in March Coupon Book
Final price: $1.99 each

Folgers Classic Roast Coffee (11.3 oz) - 2/$6
Get a $1 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Folgers)
$1 off 2 - 2/06/11 RP
Final price: $2 each wyb 2  after coupon and RR

Stouffer's Easy Express Skillet (25 oz) - 2/$8
Get a $2 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Nestle)
$1 off Stouffer's (23 oz +) printable coupon (sign in or register)
Final cost: $2 each wyb 2 after coupon and RR

L'Oreal Hair Color
Get a $3 Register Reward when you buy $12 or more of participating product (L'Oreal)
L'Oreal Healthy Look Creme Hair Color - $6.99
L'Oreal Feria Hair Color - $7.99
$5 off 2 L'Oreal Hair Color - 2/20/11 RP
Final cost: $2.99 to $3.99 each wyb 2 after coupon and RR

Lysol Healthy Touch No-Touch Hand Soap System - $11.99
Get a $5 Register Reward (Reckitt Benckiser)
$3 off Lysol Healthy Touch printable coupon
Final cost: $3.99 after coupon and RR

Nice 'n Easy Foam Hair Color - $7.99
Get a $1 Register Reward (P&G)
$3 - 2/27/11 P&G
Final cost: $3.99 after coupon and RR

 *NEW* Garnier HerbaShine Hair Color - $5.99
$2 - 3/06/11 RP
Final price: $3.99 each

Jergens Natural Glow (2 to 7.5 oz) - $7.99
Get a $5 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Kao Brands)
$3 off 2 - 3/06/11 SS (regional coupon - not in Post-Dispatch)
Final cost: $3.99 each wyb 2 after coupon and RR

Pampers Jumbo Pack Diapers - 2/$20
Get a $3 Register Reward when you buy 2 (P&G)
$2 - 2/27/11 P&G (use 2)
and use $2 Walgreens coupon in Infant Care Coupon Book
Final cost: $4.50 each wyb 2 after coupons and RR

Energizer Dial Pack Hearing Aid Batteries (8 pack 10,13 or 312) - $6.99
$2 Walgreens coupon in March Coupon Book
Final price:  $4.99 after RR

Allerga 24 Hour Allergy Relief (30 ct) - $17.99
$4 - 3/06/11 SS
and use $3 Walgreens coupon in March Coupon Book
Final price: $10.99 each after both coupons

Prilosec OTC (28 ct) -$18.99
Get a $3 Register Reward (P&G)
$3 - 2/27/11 P&G
Final cost: $12.99 after coupon and RR

Gerber Good Start Formula (25.7 oz)  -$19.99 with in-ad coupon
$5 off Gerber Good Start printable coupon
Final price: $14.99 each after coupons


:: Filler Ideas ::

No Nonsense Essential Basic Knee Highs - .25
Ajax Cleansers (14 oz) - .33 with in-ad coupon
Morton Salt (26 oz) - .50 with in-ad coupon
Deerfield Farms Baking Soda (16 oz) - .50 with in- ad coupon
Madam Mandarin Oranges (11 oz) - .50 with in-ad coupon

24 comments:

  1. There's a Walgreen's coupon for $0.99 Dawn dishwashing detergent and a 2/27 P&G for $0.25/1... We'd have to watch the item to coupon ratio, but is this a "good" price?

    Also, does anyone know how Walgreen's "counts" their coupons? That is, does one clipped ad coupon with a "limit 3" used on three items count as 3 coupons or 1?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous,

    If you are referring to the Walgreens instant value coupons such as those printed in their ads or monthly booklets, they do not count as coupons as far as "an item per coupon policy" Walgreens has. On manufacturer's coupons it depends upon how they are coded as to how many products they attach. Most of the time if it states $x/y items it will attach to y items. All of this can get complicated.

    I always give Walgreens store coupons last, so they don't attach to anything before I have a chance to give the manufacturer's coupons. If done last, I have never needed an extra item. Also just because the Walgreens coupon states a limit of 3 items, it does not mean you must purchase three items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anonymous - The Dawn dish soap isn't a great deal. The bottles on sale are small. It's not uncommon to be able to pick up that size bottle(of some kind of dish soap) for free.

    I wouldn't pay more than $.50 for a small bottle if I was buying them to stockpile. But, if your out of soap, buy one.

    Walgreens coupon are NOT included in the coupons/RR used and number of items pruchased requirement. You don't have to worry about including them.

    But, most of the time a $1 off 2 coupons will attach to two items, so the register counts it as two coupons.

    I always count coupons for mutliple items as the number of items I have to buy to use the coupon. It just makes it easier at the register that way.

    I hope I made this clear. If not keep asking questions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I am getting it! So, I need to count mfr coupons and Walgreen's RRs and compare it to the numbers of items I have (increasing the number if I have to purchase more than one of something to use a coupon), but instant value ad or other Walgreen's coupons don't count for their requirement? That's better than I thought!

    Thanks for the help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got it! Happying shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After getting numerous free bottles of Dawn and Gain recently, the only acceptable price for me for dish soap is FREE!!
    Nothing much at Wags for me this week. I have a few $1 Always coupons so will get some for free to donate, and I need to use up a $5RR. I'll likely skip CVS this week. That's okay, I could use a break.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A break is good (and so is free)! :) OK, I will add dish soap to my list of items that can be found for free (so far, I also have shave gel and toothpaste on that list too!)!

    You ladies are FABULOUS! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi CJ - I'll probably take a break from Wags this week. I'm saving the rest of my RR to purchase an Entertainment book.

    I stopped back at CVS this week to get eggs and got a $3 Revlon coupon. I'll probably stop there for nail polish and call it quits.

    I also need a break.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am with you Jeri and CJ. I will skip Wags this week (which makes me happy) and also CVS. I am saving my RRs for the entertainment book. Still waiting to hear if anyone else checked at their CVS to see if they will price match the entertainment books on March 13th.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelly in West CountyMarch 5, 2011 at 5:51 PM

    I have run into problems before when using a $/2 q counting as 2 qs instead of 1. If I use it early in presenting my manufacturer qs, it will attach to two items. However, if I present it last, it doesn't pose a problem. Just keep that in mind. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am happy to see the Ricola drops on sale. I have a house full of sick people and we are down to our last couple bags. Will probably pick up some Puffs, too, and I'll grab a pack of Always with the $2 always girl Q I have. Certainly not a great week like this week, but always helpful when they have something you need!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kelly in West County - Thanks for the tip. I'll see if I can remember that one and use it the next time I have that type of coupons.

    Hi Staci - Hate to hear you're needing Ricola. I hope everyone at your house is on the mend and will feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Has anyone bought the Always Infinity which is priced at $3.99 and got a $2 RR? TIA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you've purchased any child/baby care products at Wags lately, check your coupon stash. I've received a couple $2 Pediacare coupons, making the deal a little sweeter than with the printable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. bought pediacare today and got a $1.50/1 pediacare cat with the purchase

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so excited about the new WalMart coupon policy...now that it explains why I received 33 cents back last week after I bought 6 bottles of Purex and 5 tubes of Dial Nutriskin lotion with coupons!

    I am understanding that the Wags RR will be honored at WalMart...according to the new policy...RR are like catalinas in that they are they same concept but have a different name assigned to them....called "Check out coupons" on WalMarts new policy. Any thoughts, anyone?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Denise - I love the overage in the new Walmart coupon policy. But wow, cash back? Unbelievable!

    I sure hope RR work out at Walmart. When I was following Walmart Facebook page and a Walmart employee was answering questions, I wasn't sure they even knew what a RR was. I think this will take a couple of weeks, until all the Walmarts are on the same page.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am still paying $.25 for dish soap (unless I am paying with RRs). *huff* I still have so more to learn.
    I have one $10 RR that has to be used this week, so I have got to go play with my spreadsheet. I am only just recouperating from our weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi ArmyMom - No huffing and puffing allowed. At least that what I used to tell my youngest. He was the ultimate huffer and puffer when he was little.

    Were you not coupoing when the $1 off any size Gain Dish Soap coupon was in the P&G insert about every month? The little Gains were $1 at Schnucks. I know I stocked up for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can you get Dawn for free? To me there's a big difference between Dawn and every other dish soap out there! I ended up buying one of the ones from Wags yesterday but I had a RR and bought 2 coffeemates, 2 pediacares and the dawn for $0.96.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Susan - I guess I don't do enough dishes to notice the difference :)

    P&G often includes a $1 off Dawn Hand Renewal coupon in the coupons they send out my mail. Make sure you sign up when you see one of their coupon offers. CVS carries Hand Renewal, and it's included when they put Dawn on sale for $1.

    But, you did get a great deal at Walgreens. There are some products I can't give up my brand loyalties. I try to fit them into the budget when possible with overage, RR, ECBs' ect.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My two cents: the "free" Gain is not as good as "free Dawn". If you have to pay for dish soap, the best choice is Ajax. Works great on grease, makes bubbles at a great price.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gain has become my favorite dish soap, especially since it's been free :) The Dawn Hand Renewal doesnt suds as well and doesnt make my hands feel softer.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi All - I find this discussion on dish soap interesting. I do very few dishes by hand. I try to put as much as possible in the dishwasher and the few things I don't, my hubby usually washes. As long as he doesn't care what brand he uses, I'll go for the free ones.

    ReplyDelete