Contact Me






Monday, July 18, 2011

Schnucks Deals & Coupon Match-Ups: 7/18/11 - 7/24/11


Schnucks Ad Deals 

Best Buy This Week:  Natural Bone-In Split Chicken Breast for $0.99 lb. You'll rarely see split chicken breast for less than this price.

If you're good with a knife, you can make your own boneless, skinless breasts.  I might have to try my hand a little butchering - last week natural boneless, skinless breast were $4.49 lb. at Schnucks.

The best deals at Schnucks never get advertised. If you find a great deal, please leave a comment.

Remember:
1. Schnucks doubles coupons .40 and less in the St. Louis area.
2. Limit of 15 coupons doubled.
3. Ask for a rain check if they are out of a sale item.
4. On a B1G1 sales you have to buy two to get the deal.
5. Items on a 10/$10 sale ring up $1 each. You don't have to buy 10.
If you're outside the St Louis area check Schnucks' Double Coupon Policy for your area.

I only highlight the best deals. Take a look at Schnucks full ad HERE.


:: Coupon Match-Ups ::

Kleenex Facial Tissue (75 to 200 ct) -$1.50
.50 off 3 - 7/17/11 SS
= $1.34 each after coupon

Newman's Own Salad Dressing (16 oz) - $2.50
$1 off Newman's Own Salad Dressing printable coupon
.75 - 6/05/11 RP
= $1.50 to $1.75 each after coupon

Betty Crocker Specialty Potatoes (7.8 - 8.1 oz) -$2.00
.50 off 2 Betty Crocker Specialty Potatoes printable coupon
= $1.75 each after coupon

Kellogg's Frosted Mini Wheats (15.8 - 18 oz) - $2.50
$1.50 off 2 Frosted Mini Wheats w/ Touch of Fruit - 7/10/11 RP
$2.25 off 3 Frosted Mini Wheats w/ Touch of Fruit - 7/10/11 RP
= $1.75 each after coupons (if this w/ Tough of Fruit in included in this sale)

Old El Paso Taco Shells (6.89 - 7.1 oz) - $2.00
.60 off 3 Old El Paso Products printable coupon (I can't tell if this coupon is still printing)
= $1.80 each after coupon

Old El Paso Salsa (24 oz) - $2.00
.60 off 3 Old El Paso Products printable coupon
= $1.80 each after coupon

Smart Balance Spread (15 oz) - $2.48
$1 off 2 - 7/10/11 SS
= $1.98 each after coupon

Nabisco Snack Crackers - $2.50
Wheat Thins, Trisciuts and more
$1 off 2 - 6/19/11 SS
= $2.00  each after coupon

North Star Lotta Pops (24 ct) - $2.50
.50 off North Star Novelty printable coupon
= $2.00 after coupon

General Mills Cereals - $3.00
Multigrain Cheerios, Original Cheerios, Trix, Kix, Cookie Crisp, Cocoa Puffs or Reese's Puffs
.75 off Cookie Crisp printable coupon
.75 off Cocoa Puffs Brownie Crunch printable coupon  (if included in sale)
.75 off Cocoa Puffs Brownie Crunch - 7/17/11 SS
$1 off 2 - 6/19/11 SS
$1 off 2 Cheerios or Multigrain Cheerios - 7/17/11 SS
.50 off Cheerios - 6/26/11 SS
= $2.25 to $2.50 each after coupons

Nabisco Oreos (9.6 to 18 oz) - $3.00
$1 off 2 - 6/19/11 SS
= $2.50 each after coupon

Marzetti Salad Dressing (12 - 15 oz) - $3.50
$1 off Simply Dressed - 4/03/11 SS
$1 - 5/22/11 SS
= $2.50 after coupon

Blue Bunny Premium Ice Cream (1.75 qt) - $3.50
.55 off Blue Bunny Premium Ice Cream printable coupon
= $2.95 after coupon

Purina Cat Chow (3 - 3.5 lb) -$5.00
$1 - 7/10/11 SS
= $4.00 after coupon


:: Other good Deals ::

Natural Bone-In Split Chicken Breast - $0.99 lb. (limit 3 pkg. per order)
Pride of the Farm Pork Spareribs - $1.99 lb. (limit 3 pkg. per order)
Ball Park Franks (14-16 oz., regular, lite or bun size) - $2.00
Hunter Bacon (12 oz) - $2.49 (limit 3 pkg. per order)

Green Onions - $0.50
Cucumbers  - $0.50
Green Peppers - $0.50

7 Up or Dr Pepper (2 liters) - $0.88
Schnucks Lemonade (64 oz. jug) - $1.18

17 comments:

  1. Good point on the chicken, Jeri! I am about ready to cry over these food prices. I have cut the breast meat off of whole chickens before and it wasn't that hard. I think I might just shop at Schnucks this week after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to cook packs like this in the crockpot. Then I shred the chicken and freeze it in 1 cup portions to use in casseroles, stir frys, tacos, chicken salad, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Staci & JB - I'm crying over food prices too, espcially meat prices and from what I hear they are going to continue to increase in price.

    I've tried bone-in chicken in the crockpot before, but I must of over cooked it. The bones were staring to disintegrate and it wasn't very good. JB, how long do you cook them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What ever happened to loss lenders of ground beef?! We've been beef free for quite a while, because I just can't pay for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeri,
    I cook it for about 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. I add about 1/2 - 1 cup of water for a little extra moisture. It has worked well for me. Sometimes there might be corners of the chicken that get a little tough, especially if they are touching the crockpot outside the liquid. I try to move the pieces around at some point to help prevent that.

    BTW, if the chicken is frozen, you can put it in the crockpot without defrosting it , but you have to cook it on high. Apparently, otherwise it spends too long at an unsafe temperature and can harbor bacteria.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shop at the Fairview/O'fallon Sams club and sometimes they have their version of a chub pack (10 pounds). I asked the butcher what the difference was between the chub pack and the "normal" packaging and he said the chub packs were used to make the "normal" stuff. It was about 20cents cheaper and I love it. Used some last night and didn't even have to drain it before adding the manwich.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pat- Do you remember how much you paid per pound?

    ReplyDelete
  8. JB,

    I do the same with chicken. So, very handy that way and takes less space. I also cook it in different seasoning mixes and label accordingly. So much cheaper and makes for easy fixings.

    Food prices were bound to rise. It is not pretty, but transportations cost have skyrocketed so much from the raw ingredients in the supply chain to the finished product, it had to be passed on. I really expected it to happen sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rhonda - I know, I know. Prices are going to go up, but it's hard to take when incomes aren't keeping up.

    The drought in Texas is going to have a huge impact too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelly in St. CharlesJuly 20, 2011 at 9:45 AM

    Watch your receipts if you're buying 200 ct. boxes of Kleenes. At the Zumbehl Schnucks this a.m., they rang up at $1.87, not the sale price. I did get an adjustment at the customer service before leaving the store. Just a heads up for the rest of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Kelly for the heads up.

    Did you get a box free because of the mistake? Schnucks policy when an item rings up wrong is to give the customer the first one free and adjust the additional items to the sale price.

    But, the ad says, select varieties. I'm not sure what they do when this wording is in the ad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kelly in St. CharlesJuly 20, 2011 at 1:38 PM

    The ad says 75--200 ct. and the ones I bought were 200 ct. What she wrote on my receipt shows I got one free and she adjusted the other 5. However, once I got home, I'm not sure what she did because I got about double the money back than what my calculations are. I didn't receive anything that showed her calculations, so no clue how she came up with the amount I received back.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Afternoon to All,

    Guess I am gonna have to move a few things around the DF and try to fit some chicken in there. I have some -$1/$2+ Chicken WTs to use. I try to catch whole chicken on sale and use the WTs on but some breast would be nice.

    I do the whole chicken in the crock, breast down, with a lemon inside it and grind some of the McCormicks Lemon Pepper seasoning on it also. Ohhhh that McCormick Grinder Cat MM deal makes me want some better Cat deals =)

    Also wanted to mention the Snack Wells cereal bars are on sale for $2.50 ea with a Cat back of $3 wyb 2 =)

    2 boxes $5
    -2 x -.75/1 Q from 6/26 SS(-$1.50)
    =$3.50
    Get the $3 Cat back so $.50 for 2 boxes after coupons/Cat back.

    Hope that helps =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. at my schnucks the snackwells were 3.19...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Morning to All,

    I was just poppin in to say that my Snackwells rang up at $3.39 ea. I know there was a shelf tag stating 2/$5 but I did not look at the end date. I will try and double ck things today and let you guys know. =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Janet - Keep us posted on the Snackwells price. That would be a fantastic deal if they were 2/$5.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi All,

    Just cking back in regarding the Snackwells. I called the store and asked them regarding the sale sign I had seen, the CS lady cked and called me back to let me know the sale signs were still posted and should not have been since the 2/$5 sale ended 7/17. My bad for not double cking while still in the store but she said that the signs should have been taken down and they would send me $5 in Sorry Bucks for their mistake. All good by me.

    And we can still be a good deal on the Snackwells at SNS as they are running $2.68 per box there and do produce the cat as well-I was in South County again today and did some shopping at the SNS & Schnucks on Lindbergh =) Used up some very good -$2 Produce and -$2 on Beef tearpad coupons NAPN in MO =)

    ReplyDelete