Contact Me






Saturday, December 5, 2009

Walgreens Deals - Week of 12/6/09

Sale prices good December 6 - 12, 2009

Edit: Readers are reporting they got a Theraflu/Triaminic coupon in the freebie paper that wasn't in the Post-Dispatch. Thanks, Kelly & Courtney!

There is another mid-week ad coming out on Wednesday. You might want to put off any Walgreens shopping until then, because from Wednesday through Saturday you'll get a $5 Register Reward when you spend $25.

This week's ad mentions "Coupon Savings in most Sunday papers!" for Triaminic and Theraflu. I looked through the Post-Dispatch inserts a dozen times - we must not be "most" here in St Louis.

Remember, you can roll Register Rewards. Take a look at Quick Tip - Using Walgreens Register Rewards.

I highlight only the best deals. Take a look at Walgreens' full ad here (available on Sunday) or the ad scan at I Heart Wags.

:: Free this Week ::

Triaminic - 2/$10 (buy 2)
14 pack Thin Strips or 4 oz. Liquid
$1.50 internet printable HERE (use 2)
and use $2 Walgreens coupon in Healthy Savings Coupon Book (will deduct $4)
Receive $5 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Novartis)
Final cost: $2 Money-Maker after coupons & Register Reward

Theraflu - 2/$10 (buy 2)
$2 internet printable HERE (use 2)
and use $2 Walgreens Coupon in the Healthy Savings Coupon Book (will deduct $4)
Receive $3 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Novartis)
Final cost: $1 Money-Maker after coupon & Register Reward


:: Cheap this Week ::

Chex Mix - .99
.50 internet printable HERE
or .50 - 10/25/09 SS
Final price: .49 each

Nabisco Crackers, Wheat Thins, Triscuits or Ritz - 2/$4
Buy $10 of Nabisco Crackers get $3 Register Reward (Kraft)
$1 - 11/8/09 SS
or $1 off 2 Wheat Thins or Triscuits coupon in Keep Your Jingle Coupon Book
or $1 off 2 coupon in Kraft Coupon Book
or $1 off 2 internet printable HERE
Qualifies for Keep the Jingle in Your Holidays Rebate

Edit: There is a $1 off 2 coupon in the Walgreens' Diabetes & You coupon book for Triscuits or Wheat Thins. Combine this with your manufacturer coupons for an even better deal. (Thanks, Kara!)

Deal Idea:
purchase (6)** Nabisco Crackers - $12
use (6) $1 coupons -$6
Receive Register Reward -$3
Final cost: .50 each after coupons and Register Reward
** If these ring up $2 each instead of the crazy Walgreens way (full price on the first item and the second item adjusted for the sale), then you only need to buy 5 for the deal.

B1G1 Chinet Paper Plates - $2.99
$1 - 11/22/09 SS (use 2)
Final price: .50 each when you buy 2

One Dozen Grade A large Eggs - .99
B1G1 coupon (if you printed it last week when it was available)
Final price: .50 each

Kellogg's Cereals - $1.99
$5 off 4 internet printable HERE (manufacturer coupon with small Target logo on it)
Final price: .74 each when you buy 4

Skippy Peanut Butter - $1.50 with in-ad coupon
.60 -11/15/09 RP
Final price: .90 each

M&M Premiums, 6 oz. - $2.49
$1 - 12/6/09 RP
Receive .50 Register Reward (Mars)
Final cost: .99 each after coupon & Register Reward

Ragu Pasta Sauce - $1.50 with in-ad coupon
$1 off 2 internet printable HERE
Final price: $1 each when you buy 2

B1G1 Hefty One Zip Bags - $3.29
13 or 18 pack freezer, 17 or 22 pack storage
.55 - 11/1/09 RP (use 2)
.55 off 2 - 11/1/09 RP (
Final price: $1.01 each when you buy 2 $1.37 each when you buy 2
(Thanks, Tara for catching my mistake!)

Imperial Sugar - $1.99 with in-ad coupon
.50 internet printable HERE
Final price: $1.49 each
Thanks, Anonymous!

All Laundry Detergent, 26 to 40 loads - 2/$7
$2 off 2x Ultra or Small & Mighty - 12/6/09 RP (use 2)
Final price: $1.50 each when you buy 2

Snuggle Fabric Softener, 32 loads - 2/$7
$2 - 12/6/09 RP (use 2)
Final price $1.50 each when you buy 2

2010 Entertainment Big Coupon Book - $10 off in-ad coupon


:: Filler Ideas ::

Christmas Gift Sacks - .13 with in-ad coupon
Royal Gelatin - .20 with in-ad coupon
Taper Candle - .25 with in-ad coupon
Poster Board - .30 with in-ad coupon
Tags, Bows or Tissue - .39 with in-ad coupon
Nestle Candy Bars - .50 with in-ad coupon

21 comments:

  1. Jeri--I have the Theraflu/Triaminic you can't find. Did you look in the insert that comes in the Surburan Journal freebie that is thrown in the driveway? It may have been in that Smartsource.
    Also, if you posted about the $2 Method MQ, my Schuncks has 2/$5. Schnucks also had Arnold Soft Bread for 1.49-.55. Good buy for whole grain white! through tomorrow. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up on the Wed.-Sat. $5 RR. I usually like to go on Sun. morning to ensure what I want is actually in stock. Guess I'll take my chances this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the freebie SS insert has the $3/1 Theraflu warming caplets and $2/1 any Theraflu. I didn't see any Triaminic coupons in there, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly and Courtney,

    Woo Hoo! Thanks for the info, but I'm confused. Do you still get a FREE Suburban Journal? In my neighborhood they quit delivering them for free and started charging for a subscription. Or, is there something else you get?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still get the free Suburban Journal on Sundays, but it's literally a shell of a paper with a SS, a Target ad and a Parade magazine. I live in the county, if that makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some houses on my street get the "shell" Journal with the SS in it. Most of my neighbors dont pick theirs up so if they are still on the sidewalks after a couple days I snag them for the coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe the Thanksgiving Day bloated P-D had an offer for a year script on the Journal with some sport tixes thrown in. Can't be sure; buy it seem the cost was around $10 more then when the initial shakedown of customers. Last time I got gas at the 7-Eleven on Watson, I did notice the Journal is sold inside the store.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My whole neighborhood gets the shell with a SS in it. I love it when it's windy on delivery day--they end up in the street, then end up in my stoller! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is the $5 RR when you spend $25 before or after coupons and RRs?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like I need to find a county neighborhood to pick up litter in. :)

    Hi coupon.girl, I hope you got some free spinach between SNS coupon and Schnucks sale.

    The advertisement for $5 RR when you buy $25 pictured in Wags mid-week ad says nothing about coupon usuage. Last year it triggered before coupons. I would think it would agian this year, but it's Walgreens and you never know. I'm going to check the formus on Wednesday and see what people are reporting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can get a good deal on Imperial Sugar @ Wags this week: In AD Coupon for $1.99, then get the printable from http://www.imperialsugar.com (located on bottom of page) equals $1.49 for sugar :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had the $3 THeraflu coupons in my Suburban Journal too - and they had 2 inserts - whoo hoo! Free Theraflu!

    ReplyDelete
  13. On the Nabisco deal, you can also stack the $1/2 Wags coupon for Triscuit or Wheat Thins from the Diabetes & You magazine with your other coupons. I believe if you buy 6 it will take $3 off...I'm headed to Wags in a bit, if it takes off $3, I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I tried to use the Wags Coupon I mentioned above, but my Wags is out of Triscuit and Wheat Thins and won't be restocked until Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Ms. Jeri for thinking about me with the spinach deal! We still got 3 bags of Spinach and no room for more in our fridge. I just hope Schnucks (or other stores) will have them again for $1 before the coupon expires because I wasn't able to go there today to see if they're out of stock (for a raincheck).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the tip on the Imperial coupon!

    Kara - Good thinking to remember the coupon in the Diabetes & You Book. Walgreens has so many coupon books available I can't remember what is in all of them. I would think for sure it would work - if you could find a store with them in stock.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Hefty coupon is for 55cents off 2.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks, Tara! I corrected the post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I forgot to post this after Ann (AMS) mentioned it the other day. So don't buy an Entertainment Book this week at Wags. As I stated before, waiting for a half-off or cheaper later in '10, might mean OOS for the local book. Best to use an alternate email, given this company will spam you constantly.

    http://st-louis.entertainment.com/discount/home.shtml

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can you use register rewards on iTunes gift cards and the like?

    ReplyDelete
  21. There are a few exlcusion on RR and one of is gift/phone/prepaid cards. So, I don't think they would allow you to buy an iTumes card.

    ReplyDelete