Contact Me






Saturday, November 14, 2009

Walgreens Deal - Week of 11/15/09

Sale prices good November 11 - 21, 2009

Remember, you can roll Register Rewards. Take a look at Quick Tip - Using Walgreens Register Rewards.

I highlight only the best deals. Take a look at Walgreens' full ad here (available on Sunday) or the ad scan at I Heart Wags


:: Free This Week ::

Ricola Mixed Berry Cough Drops, 19 ct. - $1
.50 coupon in Walgreens' Healthy Savings Coupon Book
or .50 coupon in Walgreens' Diabetes & You Coupon Book
Receive $1 Register Reward (Ricola)
Final cost: .50 Money-Maker after coupon and Register Reward

Aussie Shampoo, Conditioner or Styling Product - $2.99
$1 - 10/11/09 P&G
Receive $2 Register Reward (P&G)
Final cost: FREE after coupon and Register Reward


:: Deals Good All Month::
Several of the month's Register Reward deals are carry overs from October. Some stores might still be out of stock.

Lubriderm Fragrance Free Lotion, 6 oz. - $3.79 to $4.99 (buy 3)
$2 - 10/11/09 RP (use 3)
and use $1 Waglreens coupon in the Diabetes & You Coupon Book (will deduct $3)
Receive $8 Register Reward when you buy 3 (Johnson & Johnson)
Final cost: $5.97 to $2.03 Money-Maker after coupons & Register Reward

Theraflu - $5.00 (buy 2)
$2 internet printable HERE (use 2)
and use $2 Walgreens Coupon in the Healthy Savings Coupon Book (will deduct $4)
Receive $3 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Novartis)
Final cost: $1 Money-Maker after coupon & Register Reward

Dulcolax Balance - $7.00
$3 Coupon Found on Packages
Receive $4.00 Register Reward (Boehringer Ingelheim)
Final cost: FREE after coupon & Register Reward
** Don't forget to submit the $5 rebate found on the package

Almay Pure Blends Foundation, 1 oz. - $9.99 to $13.99 (prices vary between stores)
Receive $10.00 Register Reward (Almay)
Final cost: FREE to $3.99 after Register Reward

Almay Pure Blends Mascara, Eye Shadow, or Lip Gloss - $6.99 to $7.99
Receive $5.00 in Register Rewards (Almay)
Final cost: $1.99 to $2.99 after Register Reward


:: This Week's Deals ::

Lindsay Olives - .99 with in-ad coupon
$1 off 2 internet printable HERE
Final price: .49 each when you buy 2

French's French Fried Onions - .99 with in-ad coupon
.50 - internet printable HERE
Final price: .49 each

Snuggle Fabric Softener - $3.50 with in-ad coupon
$3 - 10/4/09 RP (Hurry! expires 11/15/09)
Final price: .50 each

Welch's Sparkling Grape Juice - $2.50 with in-ad coupon
$2 internet printable - Ineternet Explorer LINK, Firefox LINK
Final price: .50 each

Ocean Spray Jellied Cranberry Sauce - .79 with in-ad coupon

Bic Soleil Razor or 4 pack Cartridges - $5.99
$2 internet printable HERE
or $2 - 11/15/09 SS
Receive $3 Register Reward (Bic)
Final cost: .99 after coupon & Register Reward

ThermaCare 8 Hour HeatWraps - $5.99 (buy 2)
$3 internet printable HERE (use 2)
Receive $4 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Wyeth)
Final cost: .99 each after coupon and Register Reward

Ziploc Bags, 15-25 freezer or storage or 100 sandwich - $1.99
$1.25 off 2 internet printable HERE
Final price: $1.24 each when you buy 2

DeMet's Turtles, 7 oz. - 2/$5
$1 - 11/15/09 SS (use 2)
Final price: $1.50 each when you buy 2

Buy 1 Get the Next FREE with Register Rewards
Gillette Clinical - $7.99 and Gillette Body Wash - $4.99
FREE Body Wash when you buy any Gillette Deodorant - 11/1/09 P&G

Deal Idea
Purchase (1) Gillette Clinical Deodorant $7.99
Purchase (1) Gillette Body Wash $4.99
Use FREE Body Wash Coupon -$4.99
Pay $7.99 for both products + get (2) Register Rewards (P&G) for free products
Averages $2 for each product

Maxwell House Coffee - $2.50 with in-ad coupon
$1 off 2 internet printable HERE
or $1 off 2 coupon available in the Keep your Jingle ... Coupon Book (Thanks, Nancy!)
Final price: $2 each when you buy 2

Tums Dual Action, 25 ct. - $7.99
$2 - 11/15/09 RP
Receive $3 Register Reward (GlaxoSmithKline)
Final cost: $2.99 after coupon & Register Reward
* Possibly a $3 coupon HERE. I couldn't get it to work on my computer.

2010 Entertainment Coupon Book - $10 off in-ad coupon


:: Filler Ideas ::

Christmas Pencil - .13 with in-ad coupon
Votive Candle - .17 with in-ad coupon
Royal Gelatin - .20 with in-ad coupon
Wrapping Essentials, bows or ribbon - .34 with in-ad coupon
Scotch Transparent Tape - .39 with in-ad coupon

18 comments:

  1. Jeri, I got the coupon to print but I was VERY patient. I think it took well over a minute. I had to "back" a few times to get the resend message and then it printed again. Thanks for your great blog...saving me money one week at a time. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does anyone know why totals come up differently at different Wags? I bought a glucose meter at two different stores this week. At the first store, I was charged $1.10 tax (no other items purchased). I purchased the second meter today at a different Wags (it was a bonus pack, BTW, that included a free A1CNow Selfcheck - Yay!) and my total was $0. I don't get it. I didn't complain at the first store b/c it was still better than free, but why the difference?

    ~Staci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is the only thing that comes to mind. If you buy over in IL, you will pay taxes on the pre-coupon amount. Generally, food is tax at a penny per dollar and goods at few cents more per buck. Those living in Chicago or near that city pay out the nose, to include food.

    Now here's new twist on MQ redemption at Wags. Use a buy 2 or more MQ and the register won't accept the additional RR, like in the past. Today, I ran into the problem at three different Wags. Of course $.20 boxes of Royal puddings are great for eating up my expiring RR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Staci - As kas said, Missouri calculates sales tax after coupons. If you purchased both of your meters in Missouri, you should not have paid tax on either of them.

    I've seen it happend when a cashier has to enter a coupon manually, the tax calculated on the coupon value. I don't know enough about retialers' cash register's programing to know why this happens.

    If you shop at the store you paid tax at regularly, I would look back at previous receipts and see if this is an isloated situation or not. A little bit of tax here and there starts adding up.

    emial me if you need or want more information. I have the Missouri statute number for this law and the phone number to the regional Dept. of Revenue Compliance Office.

    ReplyDelete
  5. kas - I've heard that coupons such as $1 off 2 are attaching to 2 itmes in the manufacturer coupon/item count at Wags. I think the holiday pencil manufacturere and Wags are in kahoots with this development.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This morning, I used a $2 RR from the Gillette body wash/deodorant deal and bought Aussie, also a P&G product, and received my $2 RR. Had read rumors that you could use RR from the same company as long as it wasn't on the same product, but was always too scared to try it out. (This morning, I wasn't thinking.) I'm not sure I trust Walgreens enough to do this regularly, but turns out it might be true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you shop at the Ellisville store they charge tax on your whole purchase and then take your coupons off so you end up paying tax even if you get items free. I have stopped shopping at that paticular store because I was always having a higher bill than everywhere else. You end up paying a couple of dollars more than you shold have. I have wanted to complain about it but never have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeri - That's interesting because the store at which I paid tax was able to just scan the coupon, but at the store where my balance was $0, the guy said he manually entered the coupon (both stores are in MO). Oh how I wish it was consistent. Seems like every time I try to plan carefully w/Qs and RRs and item counts, something wacky happens. I have a ton of RR to use this week and plan on buying 1-2 entertainment books, but I have to try to figure it all out first!

    The store where I bought the 2nd meter is just blocks away from one of the new CVS stores, so come January, I'll probably be frequenting that location a lot more!

    ~Staci

    ReplyDelete
  9. em - Call me the Cowardly Couponer. I've read about situations where RR will roll between the same manufacturer's products, but haven't tried it. I didn't want to loose the RR. Now, after hearing your story, I'll have to look into this some more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynda - I wouldn't shop at the Ellisville store either if they were charging tax on the coupon value - not when other Walgreens are probably a very short distance away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never had a problem using a RR from "Mfg A" on product earning RR from "Mfg A" and getting my RR.

    You cannot roll into the same promotion - the mfg doesn't matter. For instance - J&J promo right now. You cannot purchase neosporin and earn the RR - then use it to purchase the Lubriderm. They are part of the same promotion. Or you cannot purchase more Neosporin with it either.

    You can purchase from any other promo earning a RR (whether or not it is J&J) and still earn your RR.

    The only time I have seen an issue with the Mfg conflict is when the RR you earn is the same value & Mfg as the one you are trying to use. Coupons can only be coded so much, so for instance you use a $2 McNeil RR from a Tylenol promo on a Pepcid promo (also a McNeil product) that also generates a $2 RR. The coding on the coupon may cause the system to think you are trying to roll the same promo - Clear as mud??

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the confusion started a few months back - P&G RR wording changed. They included the statement in the fine print that P&G RR can not be used on P&G products.

    Using them on a P&G product doesn't keep the RR from printing. It is just going against the wording on the RR. I really have NO IDEA why P&G would want us to use their $ on other Mfg products, but that is how they worded it....

    Anyway, that seems to be what caused the outbreak on the couponworld with not rolling into the same Mfg... Just a myth if you ask me...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Andrea - Great information, thank you! I'm going to have to leave my cowardly ways behind and try to roll within the same manufacturer - if I can keep this all info straight.

    Walgreens definatley is a mental challenge. I wonder if couponing is getting so popular, not only to save some moeny, but the mental excersie that goes with it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The .50 Ricola coupon (for the 19-50 ct package)from the Healthy Savings booklet beeped for both me and a friend at the same Walgreens on different days. There wasn't any conflict with coupons vs items ratio or trying to stack another coupon with it. Anyone else having trouble with that coupon?

    ReplyDelete
  15. CJ - I used the Ricola Q today with no problem and she let me keep all of my Wags Qs, which some cashiers haven't been letting me do.

    Has anyone had success with the Lubriderm deal working at the main register. I had my 2nd experience today where the RR didn't print at the main checkout. The first time, the manager insisted the deal was no good (claimed wrong size based on the ad), so I just returned them and got my coupons back. Today, the manager re-rang them at the cosmetics counter and the RR printed. I received the other two RRs I was due up front, so it wasn't an issue with the printer. The other two times I have done the deal, I rang out at cosmetics and the RR printed no problem.

    On a side note, why is it that the only stores I have found with at least 3 bottles of Lubriderm on the shelf are all selling it at $4.29? Every store I have found that sells it for $3.79 never has enough on the shelf. Still happy with my profit, but I certainly wouldn't mind another $1.50!

    ~Staci

    ReplyDelete
  16. Staci - I don't take my Wags coupon out of the book and I've never had a cashier ask for them. But, I know every expierence at Wags is different.

    I haven't found Lubriderm at all. There are 4 Wags I shop at, 3 of them don't even have a spot on the shelve for it and the store that just opened a couple of week ago, had one on the shelf when they opened. I keep thinking I should expand my search, but it sounds like I won't find them anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jeri - I left them in the book yesterday when I went and asked if I could keep them. She said yes. A week or two ago, I left it in the book and asked if I could keep it (different store), and the cashier said no. I wish they were more consistent.

    I have successfully bought Lubriderm at two different stores and have seen it at at least one other. My most frequented store had some on the shelf yesterday, so I plan to go do the deal for the 4th time today on the way to SNS. I actually bought some more Qs on ebay for the first time for this deal, and fortunately, I finally found the most current Diabetes & You book, which I didn't have the first two times I did the deal. Might be worth broadening the search if you really want to Lubriderm. We get REALLY dry skin in the winter, so I am very excited about this deal.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Staci - I looked it up on Mapquest and I have 13 Walgreens within 5 miles of my house. I did stop at a couple of stores I don't normally go to and found Lubriderm at one of them. They had quite a few on the shelf. Now, I'm feeling the lure of heading back today.

    Walgreens stores have different pricing (on the regular shelf prices). I'm not sure I've fiqured out if some stores are higher on all items or just some. The stores with competition across the street I think are usually on the lower pricing structure.

    ReplyDelete